Makes 2 x 250mL or 3 x 235ML shakes. Perfect for sharing!
- 5oz (about 12) vegan jumbo marshmallows, sliced in half lengthwise (but ehm, keep 2 or 3 whole ones behind for topping)
- nonstick coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/2 bar, 90g, 3.175oz Tony’s Chocolonely dark chocolate bar of choice (feelin’ adventurous?)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (unsweetened is better here, trust us)
- 4 sheets graham crackers, broken into pieces (keep and crush 1/2 sheet into crumbs for topping)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) of non-dairy vanilla frozen dessert
- pinch of salt
- baking sheet
- double broiler
Start by chilling your shake glasses in freezer and heat your broiler.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray plenty of nonstick cooking spray. Place your whole marshmallows and marshmallow halves cut-side down on the baking sheet. Then, broil for 1-3 minutes, but keep a close eye on ‘em to make sure they reach your fave level of toastiness (don’t be afraid to get ‘em nice and dark for a deeper flavor). Now set your whole marshmallows aside and set your halved marshmallows on a plate and place in your refrigerator until cool. That’s about five minutes.
While your marshmallows cool, melt your Tony’s chocolate and coconut oil in a double-boiler on the stovetop (or in a microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds) stirring gently until just melted. Set aside about 1/4 of the melted chocolate for drizzling on top of your shakes later – it’s worth it, promise.
Place non-dairy milk, remaining melted chocolate, and cooled toasted marshmallow halves in blender. Blend until slightly smooth, then add your ice (ice baby), graham cracker pieces, and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Add non-dairy vanilla frozen dessert and blend or pulse until just combined.
Pour your shake mix into chilled glasses, crumble the leftover graham cracker crumbs on top, then drizzle with your leftover melted chocolate, and finally top each with a whole toasted marshmallow. Now your masterpiece is complete. Enjoy! Styling Tip: Swirl chocolate inside the glass for a tasty swirl effect.