Two Raw Sisters: Oven-free Afghan Slice
By The Two Raw Sisters
A delicious take on afghan cookies using whole, minimally processed ingredients. With no oven needed, this slice takes next to no time to make and it is a great treat for all eaters' lunchboxes. One to add to the ‘make’ list for sure.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 180g Tonys Chocolonely Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Add the rolled oats, coconut and sunflower seeds to a blender. Blend until you have a fine flour. Add all of the remaining ingredients, expect the cornflakes, and blend again until you have a cookie dough consistency
- Place the afghan base into a bowl. Crush the cornflakes into the bowl and mix until the cornflakes are evenly distributed throughout the afghan mixture.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the afghan base into the tin, using the back of a spoon to get a flat surface. Set aside.
- For the chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once melted add the peanut butter and mix until smooth and thick.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the afghan base and randomly place the walnut halves on top. Place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you’re after more delicious go-to Two Raw Sisters recipes download the Two Raw Sisters App. 450+ sweet & savoury recipes, day plans & dinner plans starting with plants.
Free to download from the App Store & Google Play.