McClure's Bloody Mary Wing Sauce
Over the years, we visited a lot of bars to taste test wing sauce recipes. Believe us, that's a lot of wings and things. It's how we settled on our sauce. A little of this, a little of that ... and a whole a lot of our tasty Bloody Mary Mix. Sweet and sassy ... just like the barmaid at that hole-in-the-wall on K'Road.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a large bowl, drizzle wings with oil. Season with celery salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine McClure’s Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, vodka, brown sugar, hot sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Whisk until fully mixed and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over wings until they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove wings form the bowl with tongs and place on a large baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add marinade and bring to a simmer until reduced by half.
- When wings are ready, brush them with the thickened sauce and broil on high for 3-5 minutes.