Brown Butter S'mores Cookies
Cookie monsters beware! This s'mores cookie recipe is on the loose, and its tasty powers are formidable.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 180g Tony Chocolonely Milk Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt, roughly chopped
- 10 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Graham Crackers, roughly chopped
How to Brown Butter:
- Place a heat-proof bowl next to the stove.
- Slice the butter into tablespoon-sized pieces. Place the pieces of butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir the butter consistently to keep it moving the entire time. Once melted, keep stirring until it begins to foam and sizzle on the edges, about 5-8 minutes from when you first started. The butter should turn a golden-brown color. Immediately remove the butter from the heat and pour into the prepared bowl to cool.
For the Cookies:
- Add the brown butter, brown sugar, granulated cane sugar, and egg into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined. Add the flour mixture and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate, marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers. Mix until just combined once more.
- Roll out the dough into a 3" log, then cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1" circles (about 2 tablespoons cookie dough per cookie). Place on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are turning golden brown and centers are set. Allow to cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy!