Peppermint Brownie Cookie Sandwiches
Warm, ooey-gooey rich chocolate goodness with sweet peppermint candy crunch. Could a cookie be any more festive? Trick question.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
For the Brownie Cookies
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- ¾ tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 180g Tony Chocolonely Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Bar, melted
- 10 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
For the Peppermint Buttercream
- 12 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3-4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1 ¼ tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Crushed Peppermint + more for decorating
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add into the chocolate bowl and mix just until combined.
- Cover the cookie dough with saran wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 1-2 large baking pans with parchment paper.
- Using 2 ½ - 3 tablespoon cookie dough each, place the cookie dough balls on the prepared pans leaving 2” space in between.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, gently slam the cookie tray down on the stovetop to create that crinkle top. If the cookies are not set in the center, bake an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream: Add the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 1 minutes, until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Transfer the peppermint buttercream to a piping bag to pipe onto half of the cookies. Top with another cookie and roll the edges in crushed peppermint to decorate. Enjoy!