Bloody Mary Beans
By Kelly Gibney
All the wonderful flavour of the classic brunch drink in a fresh and zingy bean dish. Serve with generous chunks of sourdough, baby celery leaves and a scattering of creamy feta.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stem celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red capsicum, core removed and sliced
- 1 cup McClure’s Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 400g tin cannellini beans
- 1 400g tin butter beans
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To serve: Baby celery leaves, crumbled feta, toasted sourdough
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes until tender and translucent (a little browning is good).
- Add the garlic and capsicum and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the McClure’s Bloody Mary Mix, the tinned cherry tomatoes and the beans.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Serve garnished with the small delicate leaves from the celery and sourdough.