White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake Eton Mess
By Kelly Gibney
A free form dessert that is fun to put together and fantastic for summer entertaining. This cheesecake inspired version is especially rich and decadent.
- 600g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 400ml fresh cream
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g (roughly) meringues
- 1 bar Tony's Chocolonely x Ben & Jerrys White chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- Handful fresh strawberries to serve
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and lime juice and toss well. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to marinate and soften.
- Place the cream, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and use an electric beater to whip until soft peaks have formed.
- Spoon 1/3 of the strawberries into the bottom of a trifle dish or other serving bowl.
- Top this with 1/3 of the cream and then 1/3 of the meringues broken into large chunks.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and sprinkle a handful on top of the layers. Repeat this layering process with the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle any remaining juice left in the strawberry bowl over the top.
- Finish with chocolate on top and a few fresh strawberries.