Spiced Fish Tacos with McClure's Pickle and Caper Mayo
By Kelly Gibney
These spiced fish tacos by Kelly Gibney are addictive! Crunchy, golden fish pairs perfectly with soft corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, sliced avocado & McClure's Pickles & caper mayo.
- 600g firm white fish
- 1/2 cup tapioca or potato flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt Oil or ghee for frying
Pickle and caper mayo
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 10 slices McClures Sweet and Spicy Pickles – diced
- 1 tablespoon brine from McClures Sweet and Spicy Pickles
- Zest of 1 lime 2 teaspoon lime juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Soft corn tortillas (The Tio Pablo brand is great)
- Finely shredded cabbage (a mix of red and green is ideal)
- 1 avocado – stone removed and sliced thinly
- 2 radishes – sliced thinly
- Handful fresh coriander – roughly chopped Lime wedges
- Combine the pickle and caper sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Check seasoning and adjust as desired. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Combine the flour, curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and toss together with the flour.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a sauté pan over a medium / high heat. Cook the fish in 2 batches until golden and crunchy. A minute or so on each on each side should be plenty.
- Heat the tortillas.
- Top each with a small handful of shredded cabbage, 1-2 slices of avocado and some radish slices.
- Place a few pieces of fish on each, drizzle with the pickle and caper sauce and garnish with coriander.
- Serve immediately
We'd love to see your McClure's creations! Tag us on Instagram @cookandnelson.