Chocolate Chippies with Tony’s Chocolonely Caramel Sea Salt Milk Chocolate
By Kelly Gibney
Makes 8 - 10 cookies
These giant cookies are a heavenly, buttery, golden treat infused with the goodness of Tony’s Chocolonely’s caramel sea salt milk chocolate.
- 120g melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups white spelt flour (can also use regular flour)
- 150g roughly chopped Tony’s Chocolonely Caramel Sea Salt Milk Chocolate
- Place the melted butter and the two sugars in a bowl and stir really well. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together. In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking soda before adding to the bowl and combining thoroughly. Add the chocolate and stir through until evenly dispersed.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge for 20 minutes to cool. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Roll 2 heaped tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat the process with the remaining dough. The cookies will spread a lot when baking so you’ll only be able to put 4-5 on a tray. You’ll need to cook the cookies in two batches.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes until lightly golden. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to cool before moving, as they’ll be delicate. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt while still hot if desired to really emphasize that salty / sweet element.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to one week. Can be frozen for up to 4 months.