Tony's Chocolonely Chocolate, Banana & Raspberry Loaf
Created by the wonderful Kelly Gibney for FairTrade Fortnight, this luscious loaf is moist, delicious and full of Fairtrade goodness. We’ve used the 70% dark chocolate here, but any of the Tony’s Chocolonely flavours would be equally
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 60 minutes
SERVES: 1 Loaf (23X12cm)
- 2 cups white spelt flour (you can also use regular flour here)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe All Good FairTrade bananas, mashed well
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup milk (almond or coconut would work)
- 135g Tony’s Chocolonely 70% dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (do not defrost before use)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir through the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed banana, vinegar, vanilla, melted butter and milk. Stir through the chopped chocolate.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to bring the mix together. Do not over mix it.
- Pour into a greased or lined 23x12cm loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Gently press the raspberries into the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a rack.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container for 4 days.