These waffles pair perfectly with plain or greek yogurt and the Noble Handcrafted Maple Syrup range.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for iron
- 3 large eggs
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, butter, eggs, and yogurt until smooth. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix well to combine. Let batter sit 15 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions; brush with melted butter. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto iron and close; cook until waffle is golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet and place in low-temperature oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with lashings of either Noble Handcrafted Maple Syrup and your favourite waffle topping.