By Kelly Gibney
Serves 6 as a side
A creamy sour cream dressing and zingy pieces of pickle make this the perfect salad for your summer shared table. Allow at least 4 hours for the flavours to develop in the fridge before serving.
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 80g free range streaky bacon
- 3 spears McClures Dill and Garlic Pickle Spears
- 2 hard boiled eggs – roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 spring onion – very thinly sliced
- Handful fresh dill – roughly chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill tips
- ½ cup good quality mayo
- 125g sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brine from McClures Garlic and Dill Pickle Spears
- ½ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender. Drain and leave to cool completely.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the dressing until smooth. Taste and season as desired.
- Halve the cooled potatoes and toss with the dressing, bacon, pickles, eggs, spring onion and dill.
- Season generously with cracked black pepper and a little salt as needed. Place in the fridge until needed.
- It is ideal to make the salad at least 4 hours ahead of time.