Hot Smoky BBQ Brisket
Take your barbecue the next level with this brilliant combination of beef brisket and Lillie's Q amazing Hot Smoky sauce.
- about a 5kg/ 11 lb piece of beef brisket
- 500 ml/ 18 fl oz beef stock
- For the rub - 2 tbsp each chilli powder and mustard powder
- BBQ Sauce - Use Lillies Q Hot Smoky
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Make the rub by mixing all the ingredients together with a pinch of salt. Rub the mix all over the beef and set aside.
- In a large roasting tin, mix the beef stock and ½ the Lillie's Q Hot Smoky barbecue sauce. Add the brisket to the tin, cover tightly with foil, then cook for 4-5 hrs until the meat is really tender when you push a fork into it. The beef can be prepared the night before – just leave it to cool in the tin covered with foil, but don’t refrigerate.
- To finish the beef, get a barbecue fired up and wait until the coals are completely ashen – you want a low, not fierce, heat. Lift the beef out of the roasting tin and place on the barbecue to char. If your barbecue has a lid, close it now. Cook for about 20 mins, turning it carefully with tongs, until lightly charred all over and heated through. Lift onto a board and serve sliced with the remaining Lillie's Q Hot Smoky barbecue sauce on the side.